Healthy, growing plant life is the core of our business, and from the very first days of operation we have been focused on green practices. Today, more than ever before, it is essential to be environmentally responsible in our business. We are committed to being good stewards of the environment and we integrate ecologically sound practices into everything that we do.”
– Jeff Hartman
In 1963 Marvin Hartman, a successful homebuilder, planted the seed that has grown into the Hartman Companies, Inc. Just for fun, Marvin and his wife Caroline collected 20 varieties of shade and evergreen cuttings, placed them in their basement and carefully nurtured them into seedlings. As the seedlings thrived and grew, they were transplanted into the field behind their home. Before long those developing trees were being used in landscapes, beautifying the homes Marvin built throughout the Victoria area.
- 1968 – Marvin Hartman purchased 225 acres a mile east of his home, a location that is the current site of Hartman Companies, Inc.
- 1971 – the first of 25,000 trees growing on the property were harvested and sold.
- 1980 – Marvin’s son Jerry and his wife Ann became operators of the tree farm while Marvin continued to develop properties and build homes.
- 1990 – Hartman Tree farm expanded and began installing trees, landscaping, and irrigation systems.
- 2005 – Hartman Tree Farm was purchased by Marvin and Caroline’s son and daughter-in-law, Jeffrey and Leslie. The tree farm was merged with the Hartman Companies Golf Division.
Hartman Companies has grown and flourished over the years and has evolved into a full-service company offering professional landscape and irrigation systems to some of the Twin Cities top commercial and residential developers and contractors, as well as a full service garden center and residential landscape design and gardening service. The company is committed to maintaining high standards of excellence developed by the Hartman Family and supported by friendly and knowledgeable staff.